Making a budget is a challenge but there are some things that you can’t avoid using such as the internet, television and your phone. Here are some tips on saving money on internet, TV and phone.
Saving Money on Phone
- A lot of people are giving up their landlines; however, you might need to use the service for visitors or babysitters. For this, you may consider using internet phone services. These services use VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol as a means to make and receive calls over the internet. There are some disadvantages to VoIP, however. These can include problems concerning emergency call services such as 911. Take note that responders to your call may not be able to obtain your location.
- Ditching your cellphone may sound impossible but if you want to try it, you can use a VoIP app as an alternative. This option lets you make calls from a Wi-Fi hot spot. Such apps work on various Android phones and calling to other cellphone users do not charge anything. But you have to pay a certain fee when calling landline numbers.
- If you are more of a texter than a caller, there are various instant messaging applications that you can use. Another option to think of is pre-paid services. You may also avail of unlimited texting and calling plans for lower charges.
Saving Money on Internet Connection Services
An internet connection may be impossible to stay away from. You will use the service for watching TV online and making calls. Here are some tips to save on your internet connection.
- Sharing an internet connection with a neighbor is a good way to cut on internet costs. Before doing this, ask your internet service provider to ensure that you aren’t violating terms of services.
- You may also make use of free Wi-Fi hot spots. There are various cafes and libraries that provide free internet access
- Using cellular internet is also another option. This alternative makes use of a USB modem or your smart phone’s connection. Look for providers that provide mobile routers, which can be used wherever you go or when at home. This service may cost around $60 per month.
- Mobile broadband may have download limits so be careful. Unlimited plans may actually let you save more if you are a download freak.
- Using another person’s Wi-Fi connection without permission is actually punishable by law and therefore it is strongly advised that you don’t do this. Also, their connection can be unsecure, which might pose a threat on your part.
Savin Money on Cable Television
- A good way to get rid of your cable TV cost is to use your internet connection. You can download and watch television shows or even movies from various sites. You can expect to spend around $30 for each TV show season and each movie can cost around $15. There are even some websites that offer unlimited streaming.
- You can also look for websites that provide free movies and TV shows from various networks.
- Luckily, you really don’t have to cluster with your family around the computer monitor. You can still watch movies and shows on your TV by connecting the television into your computer.
These are just some of the alternatives you can try in saving money on internet, TV and phone.
Posted at September 5, 2012 22:25 |
, save money
, USB Modem
, Wi Fi
, Wifi Hotspot
November 24, 2015
Bitcoin has performed pretty well in 2015 after a volatile...
October 16, 2015
Purchasing a brand new television for home entertainment isn't like...