Pioneer Electronics has launched the industry first all-in-one DJ system featuring wireless control functionality through an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Users of iOS devices can gain access to this new feature by downloading Pioneer’s Remotebox App.
According to the press release, “the versatile system features Wireless Direct, to enable reliable wireless connectivity with an iOS device even when a WiFi® network is not available, Auto Beat Loop, Beat Sync, USB device connectivity, built-in CD players and MIDI control.”
“Pioneer continues its efforts to build innovative DJ products that match today’s consumer lifestyle with the introduction of the XDJ-R1,” said David Arevalo, marketing director, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Expanding on Pioneer’s latest connectivity philosophy, with the XDJ-R1, iPhone and iPad devices can be used as additional control devices so the DJ is free to move around the room he/she is performing while still having complete control over the music playing.”
Here are the key features of the XDJ-R1:
By using the Remotebox App with an iOS device such as iPhone or iPad, the XDJ-R1 can be remotely controlled wirelessly, giving DJs the ability to continue their music mixing performances even when they move away from the system.
The XDJ-R1 comes with dual CD players in addition to a USB port for media playback. The system supports a variety of different music formats including conventional compact discs and MP3, AAC4, WAV and AIFF files stored on CD-R/RW and USB storage devices
Mix and Match Features
The XDJ-R1 offers a multitude of fun and convenient features for creating unique mixes including:
- Beat Sync5 – With a touch of the Sync button, the system automatically synchronizes the beats of songs analyzed through Pioneer’s rekordbox music management software
- Hot Cue – The unit features three points of Hot Cues to enable playback of music from specified points
- Sampler – For added effects, the system’s Sampler function enables recorded sampling sounds to be added with the press of a button. Sound sources can be recorded from songs on a USB storage device or a compact disc
- Beat FX – Four different effects including Trans, Flanger, Echo and Roll are available to combine with songs currently playing
- Sound Color FX – The unit offers four additional effects (Filter, Crush, Noise and Jet) for more creative mixing options
- Quantize Function – Automatically corrects synchronization of effects when using Auto Beat Loop or Beat Effect.
The XDJ-R1 will be available in June with a suggested retail price of $1,099.